Join the ANC now!
Who can join the ANC
Membership of the ANC is open to all South Africans above the age of 18 years, irrespective of race, colour and creed, who accept its principles, policies and programmes and are prepared to abide by itsConstitution and rules.
Others who may apply for membership include:
- spouses or children of South Africans who have manifested a clear identification with the South African people and its struggle;
- people who are resident in South Africa and have manifested a clear identification with the South African people and their struggle.
Rights and duties of members
An ANC member has the right to:
- Take a full and active part in the discussion, formulation and implementation of the policy of the ANC.
- Receive and impart information on all aspects of ANC policy and activities.
- Offer constructive criticism of any member, official, policy programme or activity of the ANC within its structures.
- Take part in elections and be elected or appointed to any committee, structure, commission or delegation of the ANC.
- Submit proposals or statements through the appropriate structures to the branch, province, region or NEC.
An ANC member has a duty to:
- Belong to and take an active part in the life of his or her branch.
- Take all necessary steps to understand and carry out the aims, policy and programme of the ANC.
- Explain the aims, policy and programme of the ANC to the people.
- Deepen his or her understanding of the social, cultural, political and economic problems of the country.
- Combat propaganda detrimental to the interests of the ANC and defend the policy, aims and programme of the ANC.
- Fight against racism, tribal chauvinism, sexism, religious and political intolerance or any other form of discrimination or chauvinism.
- Observe discipline, behave honestly and carry out loyally decisions of the majority and decisions of higher bodies.
- Inform his or her branch of movement to any other area and report to the branch committee secretary on arriving at any new area.
- Refrain from publishing and/or distributing any media without authorisation which purports to be the view of any organised grouping, faction or tendency within the ANC.
- All members shall ensure that they are registered as voters in the constituency where they live.
- ANC members who hold elective office in any sphere of governance at national, provincial or local level are required to be members of the appropriate caucus, to function within its rules and to abide by its decisions under the general provisions of this Constitution and the constitutional structures of the ANC
How to join the ANC
To join the ANC:
- Contact the Secretary of your nearest ANC branch. The appropriate ANC Provincial or Regional Office can assist you with the name and contact details of the branch.
- Print out and complete the membership application form and post or fax it to the membership officer in your province, (see below) together with the annual membership fee of R12.00.
NOTE: Branches should utilise the Bulk Deposit Form to deposit membership fees for more than one member.
See the explanatory notes below to assist you in filling out the form.
On application, an acknowledgement of provisional membership will be sent to you together with any available information about your branch.
Applications for membership are considered by the branch executive committee, the regional executive committee or any other appropriate structures. Unless any objections are received, a provisional member will become a full member after a period of eight weeks.
A membership card will then be issued.
For more information on ANC membership, read Rules 4 and 5 of the ANC Constitution.
|Any queries regarding membership can be sent to the National Membership Officer, Mandla Twala firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 011 376 1000 and Fax: 086 570 7110.
If you are a member of one or more of the following ANC or allied structures, please indicate which:
- NEC, PEC, REC, BEC
- Women`s League, Youth League
- Cosatu, SACP, Sanco
- Sasco, Cosas
Please indicate whether you intend your membership to be:
- active, which means full participation in the structures and work of the organisation;
- inactive, which means that due to exceptional circumstances you will not participate in the structures and work of the ANC.
The current annual ANC Membership Fee is R12.00
In addition to the annual Membership Fee, you are invited to make a donation to the ANC in support of its work.
Indicate whether you are a new member or renewing your membership.
Previous Card Number:
If you are renewing your membership, please supply your previous card number.
This only needs to be filled in if you know which branch you fall under.
Membership Officer: Nokuzola Ndlela
48 Alexander Road
Tel: (043) 643 3396
Fax: (043) 642 3009
Membership Officer: Bernice Machi/Petje
Cnr Charles & Fichards Street
Kaizer Sebothelo Building
Tel: (051) 403 2120
Fax: (051) 403 2120
Membership Officer: Ms Alice Masiko
26 Loveday Street
Tel: (011) 376 8700
Fax: (011) 838 0547
Membership Officer: Nokulunga Mkhonto
Cnr Bester & Voortrekker Street
Tel: 013 753 3051/8
Fax: 013 755 1172/013 755 6160
Membership Officer: Ms Thob`sile Ngubane
190 Stalwart Simelane
Tel: 031 368 3499
Fax: 031 368 2564
Membership Officer: Ms Maserame Dladla
42 Du Toitspan Road
Tel: 053 831 2230
Fax: 053 832 4151
Membership Officer: Sammy Shibamba
78 Biccard Street
Tel: 015 291 2094
Fax: 015 291 2094
Membership Officer: Suzie Tsebe
5/7 Cnr Molopo and Main Street
Tel: 018 381 1949
Fax: 018 381 1948
Membership Officer: Khuselwa Fuba
9 Hans Strydom Avenue
Tel: 021 425 5864
Fax: 021 425 9410/425 9416